- Why we gather information about our customers
- What type of information we gather
- How we learn about our customers
- How we protect what we know about our customers
- How we use customer information and categories of third-party persons or entities with whom we may share customer information
- How you may review or request changes to your personal information
We need to know some personal information about you to facilitate enrollment processing and account maintenance, and to better serve you. We may also need information from you and others to help us verify your identity in order to prevent fraud and ensure security.
In order to provide the services you requested, we need your first and last name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, vehicle information and license plate number, credit card number and/or other bank account or payment information, billing address, and other basic account information required to perform account functions such as billing, account settlement, or enforcement activities.
What we know about you we obtain from you. But we may also have to find out more about you from other sources in order to make sure that what we know about you is correct and complete. Those sources may include the California Department of Motor Vehicles and public records. Some of our sources may give us reports, and they may disclose what they know about you to others.
We treat what we know about you confidentially. Our employees are told to take care in handling your information. They may get information about you only when there is good reason to do so. We take steps to make our computer databases secure and to safeguard the information we have about you.
We may use anything we know about you to help us serve you better. We only use it and disclose it to others to the extent legally authorized. We may share your information to the extent legally authorized with third party entities such as law enforcement, government entities, and other FasTrak® toll operators as deemed necessary in order to:
- Help us evaluate your request for a service
- Help us process claims and other transactions
- Confirm or correct what we know about you
- Help us prevent fraud, money laundering, and other crimes by verifying what we know about you
- Help us run our business
- Process data for us
- Perform research for us
- Audit our business
- Help us comply with the law
You may review or request changes to your personal information by accessing your FasTrak® account information online or you may call (949) 727-4800 during normal business hours.
Effective Date: 11/8/2004; Last updated 12/13/2010