TCA is seeking qualified candidates to become the Chief Innovation & Technology Officer (CITO). The newly created CITO position directs and oversees all aspects of TCA’s technology environment and innovation initiatives, coordinating with management, directing the activities of TCA’s technology staff and working with consultants, private industry and academia to develop work plans to achieve the Boards’ directed outcomes. The CITO is also a significant contributor to the Agencies’ Strategic Plan development and execution. The CITO will bring a current knowledge of and future vision for leveraging information and technology with the task of protecting privacy and goals of safeguarding revenues and employing new technologies and innovative strategies to realize cost efficiencies, improve on-road communications and enhance safety and mobility.
TCA is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing and operating California’s largest network of toll roads. Our 51 miles of roadway include State Routes 73, 133, 241 and 261, which are public roads owned by Caltrans and financed with private funds. The Toll Roads were built with virtually no tax dollars.
Our one staff reports to two Boards of Directors comprised of elected official from 18 member cities and three members of the Orange County Board of Supervisors. We work every day to provide a time-saving and reliable alternative to Southern California’s congested freeways. If you love driving The Toll Roads, you’ll love working at The Toll Roads.
Current Employment Opportunities
Chief Innovation & Technology Officer
External Affairs Internship
TCA is accepting applications from upper division undergraduate and/or graduate students for a paid internship in our External Affairs Division. If you want to apply your education, knowledge and abilities in the workplace, see below for details.
The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing and operating California’s largest toll road network. The 51 mile public toll road network, which includes State Routes 73, 133, 241 and 261, are owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. TCA uses innovative approaches to provide regional mobility solutions that decrease congestion and improve quality of life.
TCA is Committed to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion are core values at TCA. We are committed to creating an inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve, where everyone feels empowered to be the best version of themselves and where all forms of diversity are viewed as valuable.
Examples of Duties/Types of Projects
- Assist with proactive community outreach effort
- Prepare materials and other correspondence
- Write, proof and edit documents
- Track, monitor and report city council agendas
- Undertake research assignments and reporting findings
- Meeting and event planning, coordination and support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Command of AP Style a plus
- Skilled in web-based research and search techniques
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to interact with the public at large community events
- Professional demeanor
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint)
- Use of social media on behalf of a public agency or professional organization
- Time management skills to handle multiple projects
- Ability to concisely communicate pertinent information, both written and orally
- Perform entry-level professional work
- Detail oriented
Education and Experience
Must be a junior or senior attending an accredited college or university with a GPA of no less than 2.5 in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, Public Administration, Government Relations, Urban Studies, Business or related field. Candidate must have a keen interest in communications, Public Affairs or community outreach.
No experience required.
Duties are performed indoors in an office environment and outdoors at community events or meetings. Ability to work some evenings and weekends as available. Typically, light physical activity; occasional moderate lifting of boxes or equipment that generally does not exceed 50 lbs.
Hours/Schedule: Approximately 19 hours per week
Undergraduate interns junior or senior are eligible for an hourly pay rate of $ 18.50 hour.
How to Apply
Submit your resume to: email@example.com
It is the policy of TCA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TCA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Preparing, negotiating, administering and auditing assigned contracts;
- Drafting Invitations for Bid (IFB), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Procurement Summary Reports, Contract Amendments and related documentation;
- Participating with project teams in developing procurement strategies and schedules;
- Monitoring and maintaining compliance with contracting standards, TCA guidelines and applicable laws governing the administration of public agency contracts;
- Interacting and coordinating with TCA staff and contractors regarding various contacting matters.
What We Are Seeking / Role Requirements
- 3-5 years of contracts administration experience in public works projects, prevailing wage, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises.
- Educational qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; a certification in Contract Management is highly desirable.
- In addition to being able to to effectively perform job duties, an ideal candidate is someone who demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize and manage a heavy workload, is organized and detail oriented, has a team player mindset but can work well independently, and has a service-oriented approach.
Summary of Work Environment, Benefits and Compensation
- TCA offers a professional, friendly work environment, along with a “flex” 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off
- An excellent benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous retirement pension plus up to 2% match to retirement savings account
- Competitive annual leave/paid time off package
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability options
- Flex spending accounts for healthcare and/or dependent care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Training & Development opportunities
- The starting pay range for this role is expected to be $70,150–$82,000 annualized.
The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) were created with the very clear mission of enhancing mobility in Orange County and Southern California by developing and operating publicly-owned toll facilities as a part of the regional transportation system. TCA is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing, and operating California’s largest toll road network, which are public roads owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. We work every day to provide a time-saving and reliable alternative to Southern California’s congested freeways.
If you love driving The Toll Roads, then you’ll love working at The Toll Roads!
How to Apply
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and your interest in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org
This recruitment will be open for a minimum of seven calendar days. Apply now for consideration as this recruitment may close at any time once the needs of TCA are met.
Transportation Corridor Agencies
125 Pacifica, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618-3304
It is the policy of TCA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TCA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. TCA is a drug-free work environment and we conduct pre-employment and reasonable suspicion testing.