- Do you accept cash at toll booths on The Toll Roads?
Do you accept cash at toll booths on The Toll Roads?
No. On May 14 2014, cash toll collection was removed from The Toll Roads. Although we removed one method of payment, we have introduced four new ways to pay tolls without stopping or fumbling for change.
Now, with five ways to pay tolls (FasTrak®, three new ExpressAccount® types and a One-Time-Toll® option), there's a custom payment method that will work for every driver - regardless their method of payment, when they want to pay their toll and how much of California they intend to explore.
Since 2010, we've been carefully researching the latest and most advanced toll collection technologies to improve your experience on The Toll Roads. After conducting consumer surveys and focus groups, we found that - in addition to FasTrak - drivers wanted more, easy ways to pay without stopping. So that's what we've provided.
- What's the best way for visitors and infrequent users to pay tolls on The Toll Roads?
What's the best way for visitors and infrequent users to pay tolls on The Toll Roads?
Visitors and infrequent users can pay tolls within 5 days before or 5 days after driving The Toll Roads by using the One-Time-Toll payment option found at TheTollRoads.com and on our free app for Apple and Android devices.
If drivers are visiting family or friends, their license plate number can be temporarily added to their host's FasTrak or ExpressAccount, enabling them to drive The Toll Roads with no worries about paying online.
For a nominal daily fee, local Avis and Budget car rental companies provide FasTrak transponders upon request, allowing their customers to pay tolls electronically on all of California's tolled bridges, lanes and roads.
- I am trying to pay a One-Time-Toll, but do not know my entry and exit points. How can I pay?
I am trying to pay a One-Time-Toll, but do not know my entry and exit points. How can I pay?
To pay a One-Time-Toll, visit The Toll Roads website.
- Fill in your personal, contact and vehicle information and click "NEXT."
- Enter the date of your drive and choose the road you drove. For Entry Point and Exit Point: Select "Unknown."
- Click "Add Trip" and add all trips you took on The Toll Roads. (A roundtrip is two trips)
- When all trips are added, click "NEXT."
- Finish the toll payment process by entering your credit card number.
- Why do I have to enter an entry and exit point if you took photos of my license plates when I was on The Toll Roads?
Why do I have to enter an entry and exit point if you took photos of my license plates when I was on The Toll Roads?
Due to privacy laws, our system cannot tell you where a vehicle traveled if you provide the license plate number, because the vehicle may not belong to you. We can only release information about a vehicle and its travels to the registered owner.
- I drove The Toll Roads but the five days to pay a One-Time-Toll have passed, what can I do now?
I drove The Toll Roads but the five days to pay a One-Time-Toll have passed, what can I do now?
If a driver travels on The Toll Roads and does not use FasTrak, an ExpressAccount or One-Time-Toll to pay tolls incurred on the trip, a Notice of Toll Evasion will be sent to the address found on the vehicle's DMV registration. A violation penalty will be assessed in addition to the toll, consistent with our current policy for non-payment. Simply follow the instructions for payment and mail the amount due with the bottom portion of the notice to the address indicated. If this was your first time driving The Toll Roads without paying, the Notice of Toll Evasion will include instructions for paying the toll only (no violation penalties).
- I paid my toll(s) using One-Time-Toll but still received a violation. How can I resolve this?
I paid my toll(s) using One-Time-Toll but still received a violation. How can I resolve this?
To pay a violation online, log in on the Violation Resolution page using the reference and violation numbers listed on the payment stub of your Notice of Toll Evasion. You will need the confirmation number you received after paying the One-Time-Toll transaction. Once logged in, go to the bottom of the webpage and select "Resolve Violation By Applying One-Time-Toll Payment" button if you've paid a One-Time-Toll for the trip and believe you've received a Notice of Toll Evasion in error.