FasTrak drivers must have a transponder mounted to their vehicle's windshield in order to pay the lowest tolls on The Toll Roads - about 20 percent less than tolls paid by ExpressAccount and One-Time-Toll drivers. Motorcyclists should keep the transponder in a secure location.
- Clean mounting area inside of windshield and let dry.
- Remove plastic tape from back of mounting strips on transponder.
- Position transponder as illustrated above based on your mirror type.
- Press transponder firmly against glass.
For External Transponders and Commercial Trucks
An external transponder is designed to be attached to the front of your vehicle, on a flat surface. It is screw-mounted in the area on the front bumper where the license plate is normally located. Your transponder is equipped with tamper-resistant mounting screws with a unique wrench for mounting.
- Remove top two screws from the license plate.
- Position transponder so that the mounting holes in the transponder correspond to the top holes in the license plate area on the front bumper of the vehicle.
- Tighten tamper-resistant screws with the provided unique wrench to secure transponder to vehicle.
- Keep the wrench in a secure place for future adjustments or removal of the transponder.