The Toll Roads: Social Media Guidelines
The Toll Roads’ social media accounts are moderated, limited public forums that provide information of public interest concerning:
- The Transportation Corridor Agencies
- The Toll Roads (State Routes 73, 133, 241 and 261 in Orange County, CA
- Customer service
- The Toll Roads marketing and promotional activities
- Construction updates and area road alerts
- Red Flag Warnings and other emergency situations
We welcome your comments, however, please note that our social media accounts are moderated online discussion sites and not public forums. If you need an official source of information about the Transportation Corridor Agencies and/or The Toll Roads, please visit TheTollRoads.com.
While we encourage debate and discussion, we respectfully request that commenters be mindful that our social media accounts are open to the public and that commenters be courteous and civil toward one another.
All comments made on our social media accounts are reviewed. They will not be edited by our staff, but we reserve the right to remove comments that include:
- Comments unrelated to the purpose and topical scope of the page
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Speech presenting a grave and imminent threat
- Fighting words
- True threats
- Defamation (libel/slander)
- Solicitations to commit or speech integral to criminal conduct
- Promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction
- Promotion in favor of, or in opposition to, a candidate campaigning for election to a political office
- Copyrighted or trademarked material (if posted without the copyright holder’s consent)
- Triggering words having to do with non-consensual sex and/or self-mutilation
- Advertisements not previously approved by The Toll Roads or Transportation Corridor Agencies
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination against protected classes
- Sexual harassment
- Child pornography
- Spam or comments that include links to external online sites
Violators of this policy may have their comments removed from The Toll Roads’ social media accounts. Continued or egregious violations of this policy may prompt further restricting the individual’s commenting on The Toll Roads’ official social media accounts.
For housekeeping purposes on Facebook, Visitor Posts that are posted to our page are deleted after their issue is resolved or after seven days.
We are not responsible for comments placed on our social media accounts by visitors. Commenters are personally responsible for their own comments, username and/or any information placed on this page by the commenter.
Updated July, 2017.