The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing, and operating California’s largest toll road network. This network includes State Routes 73, 133, 241, and 261, which are public roads owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. At TCA, we strive every day to provide a time-saving and reliable alternative to Southern California’s congested freeways. If you love driving The Toll Roads, then you’ll love working at The Toll Roads.
TCA is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our dynamic Communications and Marketing Department that prides itself on operating with a strong sense of teamwork and comradery. Reporting to the Manager of Marketing, this role will coordinate and assist with TCA communications and marketing initiatives. Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to the Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Chief Communications Officer, and other departmental staff;
- Conducting research, analyzing data, and developing written content and reports;
- Assisting with assigned departmental projects including project planning, development, research, and writing;
- Coordinating and distributing daily news clippings, monitoring and updating website content, and assisting with developing content for digital advertising;
- Managing the tourism database and coordinating tourism communications, mailings, and outreach activities;
- Administering and coordinating communication and marketing programs to rental car agencies and/or other organizations;
- Participating in the implementation of social media campaigns, writing posts, and compiling and analyzing related data;
- Updating the website in relation to road closures and detours, developing related communications to customers and the public, and responding to customer inquiries;
- Assisting with the development of in-house videos including script development, videoing, voice over recording, and editing;
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating all aspects of assigned public relations events including creating invitations and agendas, booking speakers, coordinating food vendors, setting up event booths, and other logistical activities; and
- Representing TCA at community events, conducting public speaking, and interacting with and educating the general public.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING / ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
Our ideal candidate will have two (2) or more years of experience performing communications and public outreach work. A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field and a valid Class C California Driver’s License are required.
he Communications Coordinator role is a true generalist role where the incumbent will be conducting a variety of communications, marketing, social media, writing, and community outreach activities. Along with having the necessary skills and experience to perform the above job duties, we are seeking someone who is flexible and enjoys variety in their work responsibilities, demonstrates a “can-do” mindset, is highly organized and can manage a project through to successful completion, has exceptional communication skills, is adept and at ease with public speaking, and thrives in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Please note that this role requires attending evening meetings and weekend functions as well as working extended hours necessary to conduct public presentations and obtain input from the community and officials.
SUMMARY OF WORK ENVIRONMENT, BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
TCA has a collaborative and engaging work environment. We run our operations like a business while enjoying the benefits of being a public agency. In addition to providing competitive compensation, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pension, comprehensive annual leave, and paid holidays. The starting pay range for the Communications Coordinator role is $55,700 - $59,000.
HOW TO APPLY:
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and why you are interested in this opportunity to the email address below. Applicants invited to interview will be required to provide writing/project samples at the time of interview. The deadline to apply is January 5, 2018. No phone calls please.
Transportation Corridor Agencies
125 Pacifica, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618-3304