The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing, and operating California’s largest toll road network. This network includes State Routes 73, 133, 241, and 261, which are public roads owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. At TCA, we strive every day to provide a time-saving and reliable alternative to Southern California’s congested freeways. If you love driving The Toll Roads, then you’ll love working at The Toll Roads.
TCA is seeking an experienced Network Administrator to join our forward-thinking and fast-paced Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, this role will perform a variety of skilled technology support duties including but not limited to:
- Administering and maintaining TCA’s computer networks and related equipment to include servers, routers, switches, firewalls, security access systems, directories, databases, computers, printers, software, and phones;
- Installing and supporting network servers, network segments, LAN’s, WAN’s, VPN gateways, Internet and intranet, email systems, backup systems, and security/intrusion detection systems;
- Managing, monitoring, and maintaining the enterprise-level backup system including Ethernet, iSCSI, Fiber Channel, disk target, tape libraries, VTL based systems, and SQL and Access databases;
- Determining network/system requirements and ensuring optimal network connectivity, speed, and functionality;
- Updating and maintaining network security tools including firewalls and antivirus software and administering server security in accordance with TCA policies and standards;
- Configuring, testing, managing, and maintaining VOIP and PBX systems;
- Implementing and administering Office 365 Cloud Services including but not limited to Exchange, SharePoint, and Office applications;
- Participating in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures in relation to the installation, use, and maintenance of TCA network, server, and workstation hardware and software; and
- Liaising and providing high quality support to end users including troubleshooting IT issues through to satisfactory resolution.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING / ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
This role requires three (3) years of progressively responsible experience providing enterprise-wide network administration support combined with an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of experience from fire wall to active directory support, along with Microsoft Exchange Server and Windows Server Administration certifications. Office 365 Services, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications are highly desirable.
In addition to having the necessary skills and certifications to perform the above job duties, we are seeking someone who works well both collaboratively and independently, possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills, is level-headed when troubleshooting technology issues, enjoys a diverse workload across all areas of network administration, and is committed to learning and developing professionally.
SUMMARY OF WORK ENVIRONMENT, BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
TCA offers a dynamic and engaging work environment, along with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pension, comprehensive annual leave, paid holidays, and a 9/80 work schedule. The pay range for this role is $60,000 - $75,000.
HOW TO APPLY:
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and why you are interested in this opportunity to the email address below. The deadline to apply is May 31, 2017. No phone calls please.
Transportation Corridor Agencies
125 Pacifica, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618-3304