The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing, and operating California’s largest toll road network. This network includes State Routes 73, 133, 241, and 261, which are public roads owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. At TCA, we strive every day to provide a time-saving and reliable alternative to Southern California’s congested freeways. If you love driving The Toll Roads, then you’ll love working at The Toll Roads.
TCA is seeking an experienced Manager, Budget and Planning to join our dynamic and enterprising Finance Department. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role will be a part of a team that is integral to TCA’s financial infrastructure, serve as a key driver to the annual budget process, and perform a variety of highly-skilled financial planning and analysis duties including but not limited to:
- Overseeing and ensuring an efficient, well organized, and timely budget process.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the annual budget is appropriately aligned with Agency expectations and financial objectives.
- Liaising with leadership personnel regarding financial planning, financial performance, key projects, and related issues.
- Administering and maintaining TCA’s budget system and Excel-based budget templates including coordinating with the IT Department regarding related programming.
- Collaborating with accounting and finance personnel to ensure the financial system effectively supports budgetary financial planning and reporting activities.
- Conducting financial analyses, developing forecasting, and creating financial reports that are accurate and effectively enhance business decisions.
- Preparing reports and presentations for delivery at the executive and board level.
- Reviewing, developing, and implementing policies and procedures pertaining to budgeting and forecasting.
- Championing the advancement of financial planning tools, systems, and analyses.
- Identifying, developing, and facilitating the implementation of process improvements.
- Performing skilled accounting work in support of departmental operations as required.
- Providing leadership within a small team environment and developing and mentoring assigned personnel.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING / ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
In addition to having strong proficiency in administering financial systems and utilizing Microsoft Excel at an advanced level, this role requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. Our ideal candidate will also have foundational competency in accounting combined with five (5) or more years of progressively responsible experience in financial planning and analysis as well as managing all aspects of an organization’s budget process plus three (3) years of direct supervisory experience. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Having experience with IFAS financial software and/or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License is an added plus.
This is a high visibility role with regular interaction throughout the business. In addition to having the necessary skills and experience to perform the above job duties, we are seeking someone who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, is highly organized and responsive, sees the bigger picture while staying fine-tuned to the details, can masterfully juggle multiple priorities, brings strong credibility and a collaborative mindset, and is an innovative thinker and true facilitator of process improvements that add value to the organization as a whole.
SUMMARY OF WORK ENVIRONMENT, BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
TCA has a friendly, collaborative, and engaging work environment. We run our operations like a business while enjoying the benefits of being a public agency. In addition to providing competitive compensation, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pension, comprehensive annual leave, paid holidays, and more. The pay range for the Manager, Budget and Planning role is $105,000 - $120,000.
HOW TO APPLY:
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and why you are interested in this opportunity to the email address below. The deadline to apply is June 23, 2017. No phone calls please.
Transportation Corridor Agencies
125 Pacifica, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618-3304